Hydro-Sil / San Tech Industries

Hydro-Sil
Phone: (800) 627-9276
Address: PO Box 662, Fort Mill, SC 29715
E-mail: inquiries@hydrosil.com
Website: Click here for more information

It can replace or supplement your electric heaters and heat pumps, your oil heater or gas furnace, and your kerosene heaters and wood stoves.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Alfredo Rimoch April 14, 2011 at 12:44 am

I installed Baseboard Heaters in my apartment and one (BHH504 – 28″) unit is leaking slightly. Could you tell me what needs to be done?
    Regards
    Alfredo

James E Taylor December 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I placed an order for a Hydro-Sil baseboard heater February 27, 2012. My credit card was charged and the unit has not been delivered as of December 29, 2012. The company will not answer phone messages or email inquiries. Does anyone know of another way to contact VP Scott Sanford such as personal address or phone number?

William D. Roberts January 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I placed an order with Hydro-Sil on March 26th 2012 and charged it to my credit card. The unit was not delievered and I cancelled the order in August. Scott Sanford said I would receive my refund in two weeks, still waiting. Scott Sanford will not return my calls also. I haved filed complaints with PA. and S.C. Depts. Of Consumer Affairs. I suggest anyone else in the same situation to do the same.

William D. Roberts January 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Better Business Bureu says the company is out of business. The S.C. Dept. of Consumer Affairs said Hydro-Sil has not responded back to them about my complaint. I suggest all who have been defrauded by Hydro-Sil to file a complaint with the S.C. Dept. of Consumer Affairs so that they will have enough complaints to go after this company. The S.C. Dept. Of Consumer Affairs told me they have recived 12 complaints so far but that is not enough for them to start legal action.

William D. Roberts January 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I don’t know about South Carolina, but in Pennsylvania if I set up a business and take people’s money for a product or service and then don’t deliever, I will be prosecuted and probably receive jail time. I think is is time for the South Carolina Att. General’s office to start proceding’s against this company.

Douglas wilson February 5, 2013 at 11:31 am

I returned a part in dec2012 and have not gotten my replacement part back yet. I have my whole house heated with these heaters and am very satisfied with them and have had no problems till now

Cy February 8, 2013 at 9:21 pm

What a bogus deal! Lifetime warranty, huh! Scott Sanford should be held liable for his company and the nonsense he is putting his customers through!

M. Copeland May 2, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Glad to find these postings. I used these heaters to heat my entire house also, and one just quit working in April. In the past Jay at Hydro-Sil was good to supply parts for the heaters. Then we replaced those parts ourselves. I will contact the S.C. Dept. of Consumer Affairs today. They need to be held accountable to everyone that has a “Lifetime Guarantee” for their products.

M. Copeland May 2, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Need to add this to my posting. Hydro-Sil was most recently located in North Carolina. The NC Dept. of Consumer Affairs should also be contacted about them. Here is their NC address: Hydro-Sil, 3406 Green Park Cir, Charlotte, NC 28217-2868. All the phone numbers I used to have for them no longer go to their business. The last time I got service from them was in December 2011 or early January 2012. They replaced one of my heaters that had caught on fire.

Joe Morales January 19, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I too purchased a BHH504 approximately 3 years ago and it has recently gone bad. In March of 2012 I ordered another BHH504 and I received the newer version Model Number HHB504D in August 2012 and it has not yet been installed pending a larger electrical project in my home. From what I can see the lifetime warranty is of no benefit. I went to Internet and tried finding the Hydro-Sil web page and it was redirected to Hydro-Comfort when I called them they informed me that Hydro-Sil was out of business and they had purchased their customer list. Of course they do not honor any of their warranty responsibility.
    If they can be repaired I wonder is anyone can provide the repair parts.

Edward A. Becker, Jr. October 3, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I have a house full of Hydro-Sil electric heaters which were purchased over the last 5 years. I have one that quit working in the winter of 2013, and found the same (out-of-business) when trying to contact them. Looks like the lifetime warranty was very short lived. I had the bad heater checked by an electrical shop and it needs a replacement heating element. I can’t find anyone that can supply one on the web. If anyone has any idea where I can find one I would appreciate an email. Otherwise I agree that if purchasers can ban together to get anyone in government to take action on these guys, I would join in.

Barb Kelly October 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I also bought 4 heaters and 3 quit working. called the number disc. called company in North Carolina who told me they are out of business. so much for
    my life time warranty.

RC November 9, 2014 at 10:51 am

I bought one unit a few years back that I was just going to install in a rental – It is model BHH1254 and I was trying to figure out if there was an attached thermostat I need and possibly lost over the past couple of years or if i need a wall mount. Now I am concerned about installing it where I read that one caught on fire and several have died out. Luckily I only have 3 of these total. I am wondering if i should just sell this off and install a regular electric baseboard. I was also clicked over to Hydro-Comfort and will call them tomorrow. Wondering if they can advise/sell parts. Really unfortunate. I have promoted them to so many people as a better way over electric baseboards.