February 22, 2016
The New England Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA) announces the eight winners of its Sixth Bulfinch Awards. A Patronage Award winner, chosen by the chapter’s board of trustees, joins the slate of laureates selected by jury.
This year, for the first time, the chapter invited entries from firms not just from New England but from around the country for work performed in the region. The jury included Christine Franck, Alvin Holm, and Andrew Skurman.
The winners are listed below.
• Patrick Ahearn, Architect, LLC, Residential (Restoration, Renovation or Addition), for “Morse Street Compound”
• Ferguson & Shamamian Architects, Residential (New Construction) Over 5,000 SF, for “A New Residence - West Tisbury”
• Patrick Ahearn, Architect, Residential (New Construction) Under 5,000 SF, for “HGTV Dream Home 2015”
• Robert A.M. Stern Architects, Commercial/Institutional, for “Nelson Fitness Center and Coleman Aquatics Center, Brown University”
• Gregory Lombardi Design, Landscape Architecture, for “Country Gentleman’s Estate”
• Hyde Park Mouldings, Craftsmanship/Artisanship, for “Ornamental Plaster, Edward M. Kennedy Institute”
• Leslie-jon Vickory of Hamady Architects, Sketch, for “Webster-Ames Mansion - Watercolor Study”
• Jonathan M. Nelson, Patronage Award, “Nelson Fitness Center, Brown University”