Giveaway starts June 1, 2013
Giveaway ends July 1, 2013.
Note: Entry is limited to once per email address, per day.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Old-House Online and Arts & Crafts Homes Online Giveaways and Contests are open only to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia that are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins on 06/01/13 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 06/30/13 at 11:59 p.m. ET. [CONFIRM]
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, fill in all requested information at OldHouseOnline.com or ArtsandCraftsHomes.com, and confirm that you have "Liked" the Flood Facebook page via the giveaway form on OldHouseOnline.com or ArtsandCraftsHomes.com. Entry must be accurately completed or will be voided. Each completed entry will entitle an individual to one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person, per day. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant's entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of entrant and voiding of all of entrant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register such email address will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On or about 07/15/2013, a winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Winner need not be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by email or phone within five (5) days of the drawing, and within seven (7) days of notification postmark must correctly complete, execute and return as directed an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsor). If the potential winner fails to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable), the potential winner forfeits his/her prize, and an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation. [CONFIRM ALL]
7. PRIZES: (1) grand prize winner(s) will receive a $100 gift card to Lowe’s or The Home Depot (Sponsor to select retailer issuing gift card in its sole discretion). Sweepstakes prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize (or portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason in which case, Sponsor will at its sole discretion award a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including where applicable sales tax) due for his/her awarded prize, as well as all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of his/her awarded prize.
8. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor the right to interview, photograph/video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) names, address, entry form, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, biographical information, and prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entrants will signify interest in receiving email from Sponsor with the explicit option to “opt out” at any time. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will determined solely by an independent judging organization in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of Ohio, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio, U.S.A.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: The names of winners will be available by sending a postcard to: Home Buyer Publications: 2520 55th St., Suite 210, Boulder, CO. 80301
13. SPONSOR: PPG Architectural Coatings LLC, 15885 Sprague Road Strongsville, Ohio 44136.